“Let Me Explode” (폭파해줘) is the debut 1st mini album from the new highly anticipated girl group EvoL from Brandnew Stardom Entertainment.
(image credit fuckyeahevol tumblr)
- 폭파해줘 (Let Me Explode)
- I’m sorry
- 우린 좀 달라 (We Are A Bit Different)
- Like Block B, BNS did it again with their debut music video. Teases the audience with fierce music, delivers pop. It makes the listeners go hunt down the rest of the tracks though!
- Well… None of the four songs on the mini album are technically “hip hop” (the closest being Magnet and Let Me Explode).
- A general trend in the composition of the album: repetition in the songs.
- There is A LOT more English in the songs than what you think, haha…
- The girls have pretty strong voices, particularly Jucy, Yull, and Hayana.
- How much part the did EvoL’s leader, Say, have in the composition of the music I wonder…
- The album is pretty catchy, definitely an interesting listen.
OPINIONATED REVIEW BELOW
Posted in Album Review, EvoL, Korean pop, Reviews
- Tagged 0330, 18.104.22.168.5, 12345, 2NE1, album, album review, b1a4, block b, boyfriend, brand new stardom, brandnewstardom, dalmatian, debut, evol, floor, Hayana, i'm sorry, j-da, Jennifer Lopez, Jucy, juni.j, kpop, leggo, let me explode, magnet, meaning, Music, Music video, new, peanut, Pitbull, review, say, shinee, Track (CD), U-Kiss, we are a bit different, yull
I’m taking a break from deathly AP test studying to bring a treat:
Guess what it is… It’s a link to a mirrored and slowed dance version of Block B’s Don’t Stop/Freeze! Details below.
*Update: I made the video public and embedded it before the continue reading line. It also has English subs, credit kpopsubs1 and sasa1314sisi (although I grammarized some of it). Support Block B!
Posted in Block B, Dances (Slow/Mirror), Korean pop
- Tagged b-bomb, big bang, block b, brandnewstardom, compare, crayon, dance, debut, do you wanna b?, don't move, don't stop, freeze, jaehyo, just stop, kpop, kyung, mirror, mirrored, new, p.o, rant, slow, taeil, taell, tutorial, u-kwon, zico
Don’t Stop (also called “Freeze”, “Don’t Move”, “Just Stop”, etc) is their debut single from their 1st mini album “Do You Wanna B?”. They debuted April 15, 2011.
*UPDATE: added video at the bottom with english subs/romanization/hangeul, CREDIT KPOPSUBS
- Pretty sick beat if you ask me.
- The song seems Western in comparison to typical kpop (about a girl? Check. About love? Not really..More about… Clubbing).
- Many find that this new 7 member group is unoriginal. I admit, they do have many striking similarities to other older groups. However, I believe there is no such thing as originality in the kpop industry. Read below, near the bottom, for my extended opinion.
- Sports cars. Is that sexual appeal in a way? As if these boys are rich? Maybe it appeals to guy fans (“Ooh! Car! SHINee“.)
OPINIONATED REVIEW BELOW
Posted in Block B, Korean pop, Reviews
- Tagged b-bomb, block b, brandnewstardom, dance, debut, do you wanna b?, don't move, don't stop, freeze, jaehyo, just stop, kpop, kyung, new, originality, p.o, review, taeil, taell, u-kwon, zico